Monday, January 23, 2012

Spacescapes

Our first unit focused on Spacescapes. In this unit we learned to experiment with various brushes and create incredible and original images of space. The real thing that I struggled with at first was having to create the element of randomness. I thought I knew how to just put random stars and planets on a piece of paper, but it turned out it was much more complicated than that. In this unit we learned how to use Corel Painter. At first it was somewhat difficult learning how to use a new program, but after we finished up with our Spacescapes it was no problem.

~~For my first image I tried to create an image that resembled something similar to what our natural space looks like, but not exactly like it.~~

~~For my second image I tried my best to use Orange, Red, and Green as best as I could. I chose these colors because they seemed like they were all very complementary to each other.~~

For our last set of pictures in the Spacescapes unit we were asked to use more features that were associated with Adobe Photoshop. For the first picture we were asked to include a picture of our face on our planet. On this particular image I struggled a little bit to understand Photoshop at first. But I eventually understood it well enough to complete the project. 
~~On my planet with the image of my face on it I tried to make it as funky and strange as I possibly
could. I tried to make my face look similar to the creatures from "Avatar", but I wound up
making my face look green.~~

~~The last part of our Spacescape unit required us to wrap text in the rings of a planet. For my
planet I didn't know what I was going to do, but I was eating a mint at the time and 
decided why not make it look like a mint with green and black.~~

Overall I would have to say that this was my favorite unit out of all of the units. It gave us the chance to ease into learning how to use Corel Painter and Adobe Photoshop. Along with this, it really let us express what we thought planets could look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment