Monday, January 23, 2012

Pop Art

This was overall, the most fun unit to work with. We started with a PowerPoint that allowed us to learn of similar artists that worked with pop art. Some of the artists that we learned of included Andy Warhol, Robert Rachenburg, Obey the Giant and Roy Lichstenstein. All of these artists are famously known for their use of pop art in various ways. One of the more popular artists was Obey the Giant. Known most widely for their work on the campaign posters and logos for President Obama.

~~For the first pop art image we changed it up and used Adobe Flash. Normally used for things
like stop motion animation, we used flash to easily outline and trace our faces. After we had
traced all of our features we then exported the image to Photoshop and worked from there. For 
my image I decided to add a red, white and blue background just for fun. They were all
complementary, so I just thought why not? Overall I thought it turned out very nice
and I'm very proud of it.~~



~~On my second image I just changed the color of the photo. For my shirt I chose orange
 just because I enjoy that color and I also chose blue as my background. I chose both of 
these colors due to the fact that they are complementary to each other~~

No comments:

Post a Comment